Everything You Need to Know to Choose the Right Digital Music System is Here
5 Tips for Choosing the Right Digital Music System
- Determine your price range. Are you looking for nothing more than a fancy alarm clock for your night stand, or do you want a whole-house music system? Models range in price from less than $200 to over $1200 and some require additional equipment. Even the lower priced models put out really good sound, but you’ll obviously pay more for more bells and whistles.
- How many devices will you need? Some models like the Logitech Squeezebox Radio are easily carried from room to room, while others aren’t. Can you get by with a shared device for the kitchen and your home office, or does it make more sense to get two? If taking your music outside for backyard parties is a must, you’ll definitely need at least one device that’s portable.
- What about the equipment you already own? Some digital music system models like the Logitech Squeezebox Duet or the Sonos Connect will connect to your home theater system or existing audio equipment. If integration is important to you, keep this in mind when comparing models.
- What’s your style? Do you like your electonic devices to look “techie” or is your taste a bit more understated? The most popular digital music system models run the gamut in the looks department. For example, the Logitech Squeezebox Boom resembles its name. Although not nearly as large as the “boom boxes” of the eighties, it is quite a bit larger than the sleek, modern looking Sonos Connect:Amp.
- Do your research. There is a lot to learn before buying a digital music system. It takes time to become acquainted with all the features that each model offers, so don’t just buy the first one you see. Read lots of reviews and put some thought into what you really want your system to do. There is plenty of information here to help you decide, so take advantage of it all.
Friendly Note: Ordering anything through the links on this site will help pay for the countless hours spent writing and promoting it. Thank you for your support!